Tuesday, June 7, 2011

High Existence and Athene's Theory

High Existence

I recently discovered (and warmly recommend) High Existence, a site with the mission to enable its users to grasp existential freedom, happiness, truth, consciousness and self, and many other fundamental topics.

I would probably label it as a community effort to embrace and apply the most sensible philosophical principles we know of, into our daily lives, but also to discuss and improve on our understandings of these principles.

I have already found deeply profound insights, in must-read entries, such as their manifesto of Extropian Principles and a proclamation of non-existence among an ocean of other materials that I found had high impact and relevance to my personal understanding of things.

Athene's Theory

Another reason I started writing this post is to share my recent clash with a modern interpretation of the recent results in neuroscience and quantum physics, called Athene's Theory, that I StumbledUpon on Youtube:



It is a remarkably well-done modern interpretation that stays very careful in stating only things that are known, explicitly marking parts that are yet to be proven or where more research is needed. It rang many familiar bells and is probably a good summary of the progress in the fields in the beginning of the 21st century. The outlook is exciting, and I can't wait to see where we will go from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment